TITLE: Director of People and Culture
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial and Operations Officer
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
Working at All Chicago:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, nonprofit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at?www.allchicago.org.
The newly created position of Director of People and Culture will build innovative programs, policies and initiatives that advance the culture of All Chicago and enhance all areas of the employee experience. The All Chicago team has grown significantly over the past two years and we are positioned to continue this growth due to our successes in the community. If you are a hands-on leader who is passionate about our mission, building great teams, promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion, and driving operational excellence, this is a role for you. You will be given the opportunity to innovate, build and partner with your peers to take our talent management to a whole new level.
The Director of People and Culture will report to the Chief Financial and Operations Officer, will interact regularly with senior leadership, and will be leading a team of 2 direct reports: a Senior HR Manager and Senior HR Generalist. All Chicago supports the use of technology in all areas of operations and currently utilizes the Paylocity platform for managing its payroll, time reporting, recruiting, onboarding and performance management functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to organizational culture, staffing, recruiting, retention, and professional growth.
- Lead, plan, and implement the needed policies, processes, training, and employee engagement to support the organization’s human resource strategies.
- Evaluate and re-imagine each phase of the employee life cycle to significantly enhance the employee experience and become an employer of choice.
- Analyze the organization’s training and developmental needs, implementing programs as needed, in conjunction with career paths and identified competencies.
- Attract and develop high caliber and diverse talent, building a learning culture and pipeline of future leaders.
- Be a pacesetter for the organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts and help lead the work for the organization’s Racial Equity team.
- Lead the design and implementation of progressive compensation and benefits programs.
- Proactively manage and monitor compliance with laws and regulations and company policies and keep current with changes in applicable rules.
- Enhance the organization’s performance evaluation process and serve as a coach and guide to help managers resolve human relations and performance issues throughout the organization.
- Provide thought leadership as the organization navigates through remote work and return to office issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Progressive experience in Human Resources, ideally in a nonprofit environment.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with HRIS systems. Experience with Paylocity is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build relationships and engage others, regardless of level.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the Teams Environment or related software
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
- Salary is in the $85,000 - $105,000 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.