The Social Media/Digital Content Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of the Association’s main social media channels (HACU News). This position also monitors other HACU social media accounts and manages digital platforms. The social media/digital content manager is responsible for multimedia digital content creation to support initiatives, including web stories, social media, advertising, conferences, public relations, monthly newsletter and email marketing campaigns. As part of the communications team, assists with developing communications campaigns, and writing and editing of marketing communication products. This position reports to the executive director of communications and marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Administer, monitor, and moderate the Association’s online presence.
- Implements and manages digital and social media efforts on HACUNews accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- Develops content for social media platforms and social media campaigns.
- Maintains editorial calendar for the newsletter and social media platforms.
- Analyzes social media results and provides reports on engagement of platforms, including Google Analytics of the Association’s website.
- Coordinates messaging from headquarters with other HACU social media channels and external partners.
- Provides communication and social media support at conferences hosted by the Association. Provides live-tweeting support at key HACU events.
- Assists with writing and creating monthly e-newsletter.
- Assists with promotions for student programs and other Association programs.
- Assists with writing/editing of The Voice of Hispanic Higher Education magazine, a quarterly publication, published four times a year.
- Writes/edits news briefs, articles, and creative content for print and online publications, flyers, and communication products.
- Perform similar or other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of digital marketing experience and management of social media calendars.
- Portfolio of social media and digital content materials.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools including Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Sprout Social, Linktree, Constant Contact, Vimeo, Issuu, and similar tools as required.
- Experience with social media platforms, including, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Experience in news writing, web content writing, and editing.
- Knowledge and understanding of content marketing.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of Associated Press style.
- Experience in web/social media communications in higher education or nonprofit sector
Strong communication skills in written and oral English required. Must be able to interact effectively with all staff levels.
Basic analytical and math skills.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to interpret data and design graphs and materials to better communicate message and mission.
The physical, intellectual and other demands described herein are representative and not all inclusive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Office setting includes sitting or standing, computer work, answering phones, among other office duties. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings. Employee will work a standard 40-hour a week; however, longer hours may be necessary at times. Conferences and events may require longer hours of work on a constantly changing schedule, including work on weekends and evenings. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
In accordance with the ADA and other applicable laws, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
HACU offers a friendly work environment and a generous company-paid benefits plan. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) believes that equal opportunity for all employees and applicants is important for the continuing success of our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, HACU is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. HACU will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the HACU will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, click here.
HACU COMMITMENT TO HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Per the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) Commitment to Health and Safety Policy, effective August 2021, it is a condition of employment for all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable state law. Employees will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded. If reasonable accommodation is needed during the application process, please email email@example.com.