The Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting the Marketing Directors with retail centers located in Southern California, Northern California and/or Chicago, IL. This includes the implementation of both shopping center marketing aimed at assisting our tenants in maximizing their exposure to the communities our centers are in, as well as, exposure to our corporate marketing plans. This key position reports to a Marketing Director.
- Assist with developing annual marketing plans which strategically utilizes all platform programs, supports the corporate marketing objectives and positively impacts each center’s objectives
- Work closely with tenants, vendors and communities to provide marketing assistance in the form of promotional events, sales analysis, merchandising plans, traffic analysis, direct mailers, advertisement assessments, and sponsoring local non-profit community organizations
- Help with all shopping center visual merchandising, signage and advertising programs to ensure quality and effective use
- Conduct merchant surveys to assess the overall effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Provide input as required on media plans, media buys and media channels for the most effective reach of the target audience for the center
- Work with the public relations agency to enhance overall perception of property, establish and ensure local media relations are solid, and responses for media releases, alerts and talking points are adequately prepared, vetted and used
- Assess, coordinate with and manage vendors who support our various on-site events
- Drive the growth and engagement of our social media channels, as well as data collection, SMS, and E-mail (subscribers) for the specific centers
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with center retailers
- Create corporate and regional advertisements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to handle general office work (including telephone duties).
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Able to manage multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills with executive presence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations and people.
- Highly detail oriented and a self-starter.