We are looking for an experienced business professional with an eagle eye for detail and desire to resolve intricate disputes. You need to like variety in your work and can easily navigate your way around spreadsheets, contracts, files and reports.
As a member of the accounting team, the CAM Accountant serves as the liaison between the landlord and the tenant regarding escalated account disputes and CAM audits. This position requires knowledge of retail shopping center lease review as well as the accounting calculations that result from lease clauses specific to Common Area Maintenance, expense caps, and collection/audit rights.
- Analyze Lease data and financial information including CAM (Common Area Maintenance), taxes, insurance and other expenses.
- Perform desktop audit, expense reconciliation, recovery analysis for CAM, taxes & insurance and presentation of the audit findings to the management team
- Argumentative writing in response to tenant disputes to successfully convey the landlord’s position with supportive lease verbiage.
- Track and report dispute status from receipt/intake through completion. Includes regular follow-ups with internal and external teams to ensure the dispute resolution is moving forward. Create monthly Excel status summary reports for managers.
- Locate, gather, and provide required back-up and ensure the proper documentation is provided upon request
- Create detailed Excel and PDF files to support any necessary accounting adjustments required. Present packages to management for approval
- Assist with tenant ledger reviews for billing and payment related disputes
- Perform quarterly billings for 13 shopping centers / 35 Tenants to be billed within 30 days after the end of the quarter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3+ years of experience as a CAM accountant
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- A high level of proficiency in Excel
- MRI or Yardi accounting software experience preferred
- Team oriented and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure