The Osborne Association serves individuals, families, and communities affected by the criminal justice system. Through our programs, we offer opportunities for people to heal from and repair harm, restore their lives, and thrive. We challenge systems rooted in racism and retribution and fight for policies and practices that promote true safety, justice, and liberation.
At Osborne, we are guided by core values and shared beliefs. We honor everyone's capacity to change, celebrate our shared humanity, are united in our pursuit of justice and equity, take all possible steps to keep our commitments and advocate for people and principles with fierce and tenacious determination.
We are seeking a Care Manager to join our Elder Reentry Initiative (ERI) unit. ERI seeks to improve living conditions, transitional planning and reentry outcomes for older adult incarcerated individuals. Care Managers assess participants specialized needs and/or connect them with appropriate services upon their release from state prisons to NYC. This role is based out of our Newburgh office but would travel to local NYS prisons (within 35 miles) when needed for face-to-face sessions and group facilitation of educational sessions.
The position is split between in-office work, remote work, and work within NYS prisons, and is subject to change with or without notice.
Responsibilities within local NY State Prisons:
- Perform screenings, including cognitive and geriatric assessments
- Create comprehensive transitional plans
- Provide case management to older individuals who are soon to be released
- Conduct individual and/or group educational sessions
- Perform other duties as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, or in a similar field, preferred
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in social services for older adults, human services, or non-profit agency is required
- Experience working with the formerly incarcerated population
Related Skills or Knowledge
- Superior organizational and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional assessment and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Bilingual, Spanish is a plus.
- Understanding of criminal justice environment
- Strengths-based case management expertise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Benefits of Working at Osborne
Generous benefits include four weeks of vacation, tuition reimbursement, a flexible work schedule, excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, and a 403(b) plan with a company match. Career development through ongoing training and individual development plans.
The Osborne Association is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, unemployment status, or any other protected category. The Osborne Association takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The agency is a NYC contractor and also provides services to facilities upstate, therefore we adhere to all state and city COVID 19 vaccine mandates. With the exception of an approved exemption/accommodation, effective December 1, 2021, all staff must be fully vaccinated, and provide proof of vaccination.
Thank you for your interest in the Osborne Association. Be sure to include a cover letter with your application. No phone calls please. We wish we could personally respond to each application. However, we are unable to do so due to the volume of interest received.