The Process/Manufacturing Engineer is safety-focused and works to prevent Operations downtime and play an integral role in ensuring our customers receive their orders on time. The person continuously works with a “hands-on” approach to support operations by identifying continuous improvement opportunities, troubleshooting, and conducting root cause and implementing corrective action. Acquires and analyzes data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports to define problems and make recommendations for improvements.
· Assisting in improving production processes for effective and efficient Manufacturability
o Assess process performance through measurement and analysis.
- Performing data collection, analysis, interpretation, risk assessments, process simulations and experiments
· Utilizing statistical analysis when needed
o Developing best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production with a focus on safety and the quality of the product
o Develop plant and cell layouts for optimum product flow, work with key stakeholders to gain buy in and support, develop implementation plans, and monitor areas post execution to verify efficiency improvements
· Work with product development teams to support product improvement initiatives
· Manage cost and time constraints
· Provide process documentation, training, and operating instructions as appropriate
· Capable solving problems by driving for root-causes and evaluating multiple solutions
· Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing disruptions, then develop and implement permanent, sustainable countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence,
o Provide technical support to the Supply Chain, QA, R&D and product teams
· 5 - 10 years’ experience in Process / Manufacturing Engineering
· Excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills
· Generates data to drive decisions.
· Ability to work well with all levels and functions within the organization.
o mfg. team, other depts. (R&D, Purchasing, Finance, etc.), upper mgmt., and colleagues in other countries.
· “Hands-On”, practical engineer
· Lean / Six Sigma a plus
· Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
· Strong teamwork skills
· Working knowledge of engineering software packages
· CAD/Solidworks skills a plus
· Statistical analysis software (such as a Minitab) a plus
· Microsoft Office Suite (word, powerpoint, excel, visio)
o Strong Excel skills
· Familiarity with health and safety regulations
· BS degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred)