Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Grounds Supervisor
Work Schedule: Daytime; evenings and weekends as needed
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal
Positions Supervised: None
The Grounds Keepers maintain the campus lawns and landscapes in a manner that reflects the highest levels of professionalism. This includes mowing, trimming, trash removal, trimming trees and shrubs, planting flowers, fertilizing, and general landscape maintenance. Must be very savvy in lawn care and landscape maintenance.
The Grounds Keepers are also responsible for moving employee offices and office equipment as needed. They receive large shipments and deliver them to the proper place on campus. They coordinate with the Campus Events Coordinator to ensure the campus is properly setup for activities and events that occur on campus.
The Grounds Keepers must be able to anticipate needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. Must be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships employees, customers, and vendors. Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, be able to multitask, think creatively, and troubleshoot problems.
- Maintaining the campus grounds in a manner that is professional.
- The completion of work orders as assigned.
- Working to ensure the overall work load of the department is met.
- Providing outstanding customer service to our customers; the students, faculty, and staff of Benedictine College.
- Communicating clearly both orally and in writing.
- Additional duties to be assigned by the Grounds Supervisor, Landscape Coordinator, or Director of Operations.
- Accountability - Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Customer Oriented - Customer orientation implies a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the client’s needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented - Detail orientation looks at the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant. This competency asks the question “How well do you?”
- Time Management - Time management skills looks at the ability of the individual to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks.
- Working Under Pressure - Working under pressure looks at the ability of the individual to maintain composure when exposed to stress.
Education / Experience
Minimum qualifications include a high-school degree or GED equivalent. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in an educational and residential setting working closely and collaboratively with the types of key constituent groups that thrive in our campus community: faculty, students, staff, and others. The candidate must be a self-starter, possess sound judgment and have very strong leadership, communication, critical thinking, and computer literacy skills.
Handling / Fingering C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel F
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs O
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs F
Over 100 lbs O
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)