About Moody Center:
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Moody Center is the newest arena in Austin, Texas and finally gave the “Live Music Capital of the World” the world-class arena it deserves. Moody Center is a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaced the 43-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
Guest Services Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with and providing thorough management, and coordination of direct personnel, subcontractor and vendors. This position will supervise, motivate, direct, and lead large volumes of part-time Guest Services Staff for UT Men’s/Women’s Basketball games, concerts, family shows, etc. Responsible for creating and implementing plans to create positive solutions to any guest and/or staff challenges. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all client’s requirements are met and facility rules, regulations, and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead, direct, and work alongside with guest services part-time staff with the goal of creating exceptional experiences at Moody Center events. Recruit, hire, and effectively train staff.
- Empower staff to take opportunities to make memorable experiences and/or resolve guest concerns timely, effectively, and with great service.
- Assist with creating and leading events for part-time staff recognition and provide continuous opportunities for staff to remain engaged and part of the team
- Manage scheduling of all part time staff requested per event through various scheduling platforms.
- Coordinate staff check-ins, call offs, event briefings and post event meetings with other Guest Services teammates.
- Serve as Manager on Duty with full autonomy for assigned events in the absence of other Management staff.
- Order and maintain Guests Services assets, equipment, uniforms, supplies, etc.
- Collaborate with events and guest services team members on various projects.
- Respond to staff and guest inquiries and concerns daily through both verbal and written communication.
- Assist with managing Guest Services activities (Lost and Found, Tots tag-a-long program)
- Answers the Guest Services Hotline promptly, answering any inquiries courteously
- Assisting Guest Services Manager with the management of staffing timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building, exposure to loud noises, and standing for long periods of time
- Work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college/university is preferred
- 2-4 years of Guest Services experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred
- Previous experience in a customer service-based industry
- Previous experience within a sports, entertainment, or related field
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high-pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, desired not required)
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.