TITLE: Accounts Payable Associate
REPORTS TO: Grants Accounting Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt, hourly, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, nonprofit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at?www.allchicago.org.
The Accounts Payable Associate is a key member of the Finance and Administrative team. The Accounts Payable Associate’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate the accounts payable and vendor management of the organization, and to coordinate the daily accounts payable activities surrounding our main client assistance programs.
Accounts Payable Management – 70%
- Review all payment request submissions for proper approvals and appropriate receipt back-up.
- Approve and code invoices in AvidXchange portal.
- Review and clear any invoice exceptions in the exceptions queue in AvidXchange portal.
- Submit daily invoice batch file from AvidXchange into Financial Edge.
- Submit daily payment batch file from AvidXchange into Financial Edge.
- Perform TIN audit for all new vendors using IRS TIN Matching Program.
- Work with program staff to resolve any mismatching TIN results.
- Update vendor records in Financial Edge, including contact information and W-9 information.
- Update vendor records in AvidXchange.
- Review aged AP reports monthly and collaborate with program staff on voiding and or reissuing new checks.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly expenditure reports on assigned programs.
- Prepare and submit 1099s on an annual basis.
Accounting Activities – 15%
- Assist with monthly-end close as needed.
- Assist with monitoring grant activity for assigned programs and grants to ensure spending is in accordance with the budget.
- Communicate to program staff any financial issues related to assigned programs.
- Assemble all source documentation needed for annual financial audit and other agency reviews.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Management – 10%
- Prepare vouchers for assigned grants and maintains the related A/R subledger.
- Maintain the cash receipts log (either through spreadsheet or Financial Edge).
Operations – 5%
- Assist CFO and Senior Finance Manager with various administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- One to two years of work experience
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficiency in Office products and experience with accounting software
- Financial Edge or AvidXchange experience is preferred
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team
- Strong work ethic and integrity, with a commitment to confidentiality
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
- Salary is in the $33,600 - $47,670 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.