Pacific BioLabs is an independent CRO offering cGMP/GLP testing services in toxicology, biocompatibility, pharmacology, analytical chemistry, microbiology. Founded in 1982, PBL is beginning a new chapter, applying significant investment and energy towards modernizing workflows, upgrading facilities and most importantly, enhancing our employee experience. We are looking for talented, energetic scientists and professionals to share in our passion for our mission to enhance public health through the testing services we provide to our pharma, biotech and medical device clients. If you are up for a challenge, come join our team!
Pacific BioLabs has an immediate opening for an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for oversight of organizational compliance with local, state, and federal EHS regulations, establishing EHS objectives across multiple departments within the company, and reporting of EHS performance to Executive Management. The ideal candidate will be expected to have sufficient technical EHS knowledge/resources meeting or exceeding requirements of applicable regulatory statutes. An additional sub-function for the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist includes the day to day oversight, as the entity designated Responsible Official, of the Pacific BioLabs Select Toxin Program under the regulatory authority of the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) Select Agents and Toxins program. The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY (EHS) SPECIALIST INCLUDE:
- Managing and directing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) activities across the organization fostering relationships with key laboratory stakeholders and the Facilities and Equipment groups.
- Defining and executing EHS goals and activities to drive an EH&S-centered culture of laboratory safety and compliance.
- Serving as the organizational Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing Executive Management with EHS specifications/recommendations to mitigate or eliminate risk.
- Maintaining organizational EHS plans including Incident Response, Illness and Injury Prevention, Radiation Safety, Controlled Substance, Chemical Hygiene, New Employee EHS On-Boarding, and other applicable plans.
- Leading the EHS committee that includes regular meetings.
- Performing safety audits.
- Leading emergency response training/activities/drills.
- Leading incident investigations.
- Maintaining EHS recordkeeping including revisions to the EH&S Manual.
- Ensuring compliance (as the Responsible Official) with the CDC Select Agents and Toxins regulations that includes familiarity with and knowledge of applicable regulations for the use and storage of select agents or toxins.
- Bachelor’s degree/Certification in EHS Management, Environmental or Occupational Health and Safety, or related degree is required.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the EHS field highly desired.
- Experience and familiarity with broad laboratory operations highly desired.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, research, and analytical skills.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.