Ackermann Group is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Regional Property Manager for our rapidly growing organization. This position oversees and executes Ackermann Group’s strategies related to property management operations by directing and supporting onsite team members at each of our apartment communities. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of a passionate team, committed to success.
Responsibilities of the Regional Manager include the following:
- Oversee the entire assigned portfolio ensuring that building operations are fiscally sound and achieving the financial performance goals, and the properties are well managed and maintained.
- Drive revenue with thorough understanding and analysis of competition and development of creative marketing programs
- Implement and drive comprehensive lease-up plan
- Develop and implement new strategies and programs designed to ensure long-term residency
- Gather, analyze, and interpret current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implement short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Manage, maintain, and expand current relationships while seeking new business
- Identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the property.
- Review marketing and sales activity to develop sales/growth strategies with property staff
- Support on-site property manager in promoting positive resident and community relations
- Manage and direct the Property Management and Resident Services staff which includes hiring, supervising, coaching, and professional development.
- Keep abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and summarize, property operating budgets, budget variance reports, occupancy reports, financial statements, and advise VP as needed.
- Develop and ensure that policies and procedures in place are followed and that they promote and maintain positive relations with residents and community representatives.
- Work collaboratively with the VP and Asset Manager to prepare annual operating and capital improvement budgets that preserve the long-term objectives of ownership. Ensure timely completion of capital projects.
Who We Are
We at Ackermann Group have a long history in real estate development and property management that has continued to grow and thrive in the Midwest region. Our guiding principles of collaboration, commitment to a personal approach, and delivering above expectations are paramount to who we are as an organization. We believe in and are dedicated to our employees, creating opportunities for residents to connect with their neighbors and broader community, and giving back to the communities we serve. The Ackermann Group invests in passionate individuals who want to be a part of a vibrant and community-focused culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of progressive property management experience.
- Two to three years’ experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Sales/multi-family leasing experience and/or product sales strongly preferred.
- Marketing and budgeting experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of applicable Fair Housing laws and standards are required.
- Strong leadership, management, and supervisory skills; demonstrate ability to effectively manage a diverse employee base.
- Proficient with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and comparable property management software such as Yardi.
- Superior client, resident relations, and public presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k with match
- Rent discount
- Career coaching and development
- Company Engagement Events
- Dynamic, high energy working environment