BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Analyst on the Grid Integration team. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting in interconnection duties for solar and storage projects in current and emerging markets. Daily activities will include supporting analysis of interconnection queue and technical data analysis, the submittal of interconnection applications, and related payments, and assisting with strategic analysis of interconnection technical and policy related topics. Attention to detail and thoroughness are critical for being successful in this position.
This position will be partially remote and partially in the office.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Investigate feeder and substation capacity details utilizing utility and state databases relative to site acquisition efforts and specific projects
- Track progress of interconnection application milestones and communicate critical information through inter-team platforms
- Review one-line diagrams and draft site plans for solar and storage systems for interconnection purposes
- Respond to utility requests on technical documentation
- Manage communication with third-party consultants and manufacturers related to project-specific technical deliverables
- Submit and track application related IX expenses and ensure payments deadlines are met
- Manage utilities’ customer portal system on a daily basis
- Assist management in interconnection strategy
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Engineering background preferred
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines
- Detail orientation
- Organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (Excel)
- Knowledge of utility infrastructure (including transmission and substation engineering) is a plus.
- Understand solar and storage project electrical components, including batteries, balance of systems, inverters and transformers
- Understand solar and storage project single line diagrams and layouts
- Understand utility infrastructure and interconnection processes
- Understand technical aspects of utility interconnection materials
- Understand state policy, incentives and tariff implications on interconnection applications in various markets
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company. Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.