Reports directly to the Chief Program Officer, based in one or more Detroit public high schools, the Employer Engagement Manager’s primary function is to engage select employers, new and existing, to serve as hosts for paid internships and/or work-based learning experiences. The Employer Engagement Manager is responsible for all aspects of coordinating employer recruitment efforts to cultivate sensible youth-to-employer matches, including digital and verbal outreach, career fairs, professional networking events, etc. The Employer Engagement Manager will communicate with employers on a regular basis to establish rapport and ensure timeliness of recruitment efforts/activities. The Employer Engagement Manager will collaborate with the Program & Service Innovation unit and GDYT team on a regular basis to maintain clarity and consistency regarding employer partners. The Employer Engagement Manager will lead employer satisfaction efforts, including program and participant evaluations. In coordination with the Career Specialist, the Employer Engagement Manager supports students through ehe internship selection process, maintaining on-going communication and oversight. The Employer Engagement Manager must be able to work effectively with the business and corporate community, youth, and school officials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead employer recruitment, selection and on-boarding process
- Manage and maintain a database of qualified employers to host student interns
- Screen potential employers in accordance with program requirements
- Advise youth regarding employer interaction
- Apply business, fiscal and administrative functions to address business needs with knowledge of program services
- Provide support at the worksite to ensure that students are engaging in productive experiences and meeting employer expectations
- Coordinate career awareness and exploration activities such as on-site and virtual presentations, job shadowing and Talent Tours
- Collaborate with the employer engagement team to engage professionals as Advisory Board Members and Career Mentors
- Support students throughout placement and assists in evaluating and monitoring progress of participants’ skills and performance
- Encourage timely problem solving among employers, youth and program staff
- Ensure students receive timely performance evaluations and on-going feedback
- Must demonstrate ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy, be able to gather information, problem solve and assess situations, plan and organize.
- Must have the ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents
- May require some evening and/or weekend duties
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Professional experience in youth development and workforce/career development
- Must possess excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Maintain extreme confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all confidential materials
- Must be able to adapt in fast-paced, changing environment; be flexible, have excellent customer service orientation, seek growing responsibility and show great capacity for work
- Strong knowledge of local employers, industries, hiring trends and in-demand skillset
- Client-driven and committed to timely, responsive, and exceptional service to employers and students
- Must be proficient with a variety of online and computer technologies; particularly Microsoft Office Suite, HTML function, Google applications, Adobe systems and demonstrate skills in database management
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Business, Sales/Marketing, Career Counseling, or related field or possess equivalent work experience in lieu of.
A minimum of four (4) years of more progressively responsible work experience, as well as workforce development and recruitment skills.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.