Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Project Manager with the following skills in the Washington DC area. The position requires a candidate to have an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position is for a Project Manager to support the FBI’s Training Division by applying information technology solutions to their business processes. This project manager would be responsible for managing the Agile development process for a team of software developers and business analyst and guide them on proper implementation of Agile/Scrum practices. Work with customers to ensure overall success of project deliverables. This includes participating in daily SCRUM sessions, grooming the backlog, building project schedules, leading sprint planning sessions, and ensuring the overall quality of the final product.
- Managing complex initiatives using project management best practices across multiple functions and integrated project teams by planning and coordinating the project objectives with consideration for risk.
- Interfacing with the software development team leads and government stakeholders in supporting their roadmap and vision by prioritizing features, release planning of backlog and system demos.
- Understand process, potential issues, and consequences of changes during Software Development Lifecycle.
- Facilitating the Scrum process of planning, staff meetings, reviews, and retrospectives with team and proactively removes impediments to progress.
- Embrace, coach, and steer Agile best practices and principles within the team, as well as defining and refining Agile metrics to understand team performance.
- Establish milestones, anticipates issues, and monitors adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the SDLC process.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the project is completed on time.
- Interface with customers and ensure project deliverables are meeting business requirements.
- Must have excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Possess the ability to adapt, be flexible, and work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Reports to leadership on project health and progress.
- Solicits feedback from team members and interested stakeholders.
- 6+ years of recent project management experience on software development projects.
- 4+ years proven experience as a project manager on Agile software development projects using Scrum or similar Agile process.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using Agile methodologies.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Ability to develop project plans, schedules, and other project documentation.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
Other Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Experience using Jira Software.
Position contingent upon award of contract.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/