Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Lead .NET Web Application Developer with the following skills in the Washington DC area. The position requires a candidate to have an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position is for a lead developer to support the FBI’s Training Division by applying information technology solutions to their business processes. This developer would be responsible for development and maintenance of .NET based web applications and services. Responsibilities could include all aspects of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment. This position is a team lead which involves collaboration with, supporting, and mentoring other team members.
- Lead development team including working with team members to achieve their best performance and addressing poor performance and gaps in knowledge.
- Lead Agile SCRUM team and ensure work is completed on schedule each sprint.
- Conduct code reviews
- In coordination with Testers, educate team members on testing their own work to limit reliance on Testers.
- Work with program manager and lead architect to build application which leverages appropriate technology and is consistent across components.
- Ensure team adherence to good development practices: documentation, code standards, code/design reviews, optimization and maintainability.
- Support requirements gathering effort by ensuring they can be meet w/capabilities of the proposed system
- Design and develop .NET based web application functionality using C#.
- Develops and maintains REST Web APIs.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and able to translate functional requirements into web-based solutions (i.e., web applications) using advanced technologies.
- Conduct automated unit and integration tests of product functionality following established testing processes or procedures.
- Research complex technical problems and propose effective and efficient solutions or designs.
- Research and identify new technologies and developmental tools.
- 2+ years leading Agile software development teams
- 10+ years demonstrated experience as a software developer
- 6+ years demonstrated experience developing applications using C#.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience developing ASP.NET (and MVC) based applications.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience with .NET framework
- 1+ year experience with .NET Core
- Experience developing engaging and user-friendly user interfaces which conform to accessibility standards.
- Some experience developing and working with microservices architectures and Web APIs.
- Experience with databases, preferably SQL Server
- Proficient with ORM technologies (Nhibernate, EntityFramework, etc)
- Proficient in abstraction, advanced techniques, best practices, and design patterns.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, similar degree, or significant software development experience (13+ years)
Position contingent upon award of contract.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/