Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Senior Database Developer with the following skills in the Washington DC area. The position requires a candidate to have an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position is for a Senior Database Developer to support the FBI’s Training Division by applying information technology solutions to their business processes. This position requires individuals with substantial experience designing and developing databases for use with software development projects. This position requires significant experience working with SQL Server databases. Further this position is responsible for providing schema architectural vision and design for system databases as well as supporting developers by tuning database queries and developing store procedures where appropriate.
- Responsible for developing the overall architecture and schema of the databases.
- Proficient in database performance analysis and tuning. Monitor’s performance and evaluates areas to improve efficiency.
- Overall responsibility for the performance of database interactions with the system. Provides support for software developers by providing guidance on the development of SQL queries, vetting and tuning them where needed.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for escalated operational issues.
- Provides and ensure standards are enforced as they relate to database interactions.
- Develops and supports stored procedures.
- Responsible for data loading and data migration activities.
- Responsible for designing, building, writing ETL scripts and maintaining data warehouses in support of the system.
- Responsible for providing database support and advice to the reports team.
- Acts as a member of the development team
- Participate in and provide substantive contributions to daily Scrum standups.
- Participate in and provide substantive contributions regular backlog grooming
- Participate in and provide substantive contributions Sprint planning and retrospectives
- Improve/expand their knowledge and skill set w/regard to current trends and changes in DB industry.
- Proactively contribute to the quality of the product by seeking and proposing new or alternative approaches to address the organizations business problems. Propose and submit technical debt stories which will improve the product.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience with SQL Server, SQL queries, and TSQL (some experience with other databases can be used for this requirement, with a minimum of three years of experience with SQL Server)
- 4+ years proven experience working with the databased layer of software development projects.
- Highly skilled in writing and tuning SQL statements
- Experience supporting Agile software development teams
- Strong problem solving/analysis skills, self-motivated and able to work/communicate in a team environment.
- Able to communicate fluently in English.
Other Desired Skills:
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications.
- Experience with dimensional modeling concepts and data warehousing.
- Experience designing ETL processes used to populate data warehouses.
- Experience with Business Intelligence products especially MicroStrategy or SQL Server Reporting Services.
Position contingent upon award of contract.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/