Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Architect with the following skills in the Washington DC area. The position requires a candidate to have an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position is responsible for applying Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to the enterprise using MicroStrategy (or other BI Tool) and by designing, developing, and deploying an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) in order to support the FBI Training Division’s data analysis requirements. This individual would be responsible for the development of the data warehouse including the design and implementation of the logical and physical data model. This individual will also support the business by creating, adapting, and troubleshooting ETL jobs to populate the Data Warehouse. In addition, this position is responsible for driving the design and analysis discussions to determine the best database design to satisfy functional requirements for advancing the maturity of the organization's enterprise data warehouse capabilities. Finally, this individual would design, develop and implement reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy or similar tool.
- Perform analysis of business requirements and develop logical and physical data models for data warehouse to support them.
- Design, develop and implement the MicroStrategy architecture.
- Design and develop the processes in support of building out a scalable data warehouse environment.
- Monitor the database system in order to guarantee optimal performance and proactively recommend corrective actions when issues are identified.
- Design and develop ETL procedures for populating the data warehouse.
- Develop reporting solutions ranging from simple grid reports or documents to complex multi-paneled, interactive dashboards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with MicroStrategy reports and dashboards.
- Assist with user support and training as needed.
- 6+ years working with enterprise databases such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- 4+ years designing and developing data warehouses.
- 2+ years of experience working with MicroStrategy products including Desktop and Architect (or 4+ years working with a similar BI tool and received requisite MicroStrategy training).
- Strong knowledge of writing and analyzing SQL queries.
- Proficient in writing PL/SQL.
- Experience writing ETL procedures or using an ETL software package.
- Experience as a MicroStrategy developer (reports, metrics, filters, etc.)
- Experience as a MicroStrategy architect (tables, attributes, facts, hierarchies, etc.)
- Experience with MicroStrategy dashboard development
- Above required MicroStrategy experience can be substituted with equivalent experience using another BI tool.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Able to communicate fluently in English.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical related field.
- MicroStrategy Certifications
- Knowledge of advanced MicroStrategy features (distribution services, transaction services, mobile, etc.)
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.