Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Senior System Administrator with the following skills in the Washington DC area. The position requires a candidate to have an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position is for an experienced Senior System Administrator to support the FBI’s computer systems being used for the delivery of training content and training related services. This position involves working in support of the Training Division to deliver training content and training related services to FBI personnel. The Senior System Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability, administer, and monitor the in-house and cloud information systems. Initiate security scans utilizing a variety of commercial and custom security tools. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded IT background, possessing intermediate to advanced skills within Windows Server OS, server virtualization technologies as well as cloud services support skill areas.
- Completes administration activities such as setting up of user accounts, roles, access, and privileges
- Operating Systems Installation and Configuration: Perform initial installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019 servers in both physical and virtual server environments
- Perform application installation, configuration and support COTS and in-house developed software
- Provide administration of servers in a virtualized server environment using Microsoft Azure Portal, VMware and or Hyper-V management tools
- Provide administration of Windows Server 2016 and 2019 in a Cloud server environment (MS Azure or Amazon AWS)
- Coordinate and perform upgrades (hardware + software) for the assigned systems and infrastructure under their control
- Effectively monitor and performance tune Windows Servers using advanced built-in features as well as 3rd party tools
- Monitoring, alerting, capacity planning and reporting for COTS and in-house developed applications
- Troubleshoot server system problems, utilizing available tools and working in coordination with other internal groups and vendor provided technical support resources
- Troubleshoot networking issues related to routing, DNS, DHCP, firewalls and DMZ architecture
- Work with Information Security Systems Officer to monitor and ensure compliance with security policies
- Document complex system configurations, processes and procedures
- Create, request and present technical specs and requirements for purchasing of new servers, hardware and software
- Responsible for managing Microsoft Azure WSUS, GPO, DNS and AD while ensuring standardization, performance, reliability, and change control process are adhered to
- Responsible for implementing backup and restore policies
- Assist in the design, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing apps
- Work with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure system designs meet business requirements
- Run, review and mitigate security findings using tools such as Nessus, App Detective Pro and App Scanner Enterprise
- Install operating system software updates, upgrades and patches and perform rollbacks as necessary
- Be efficient with scripting languages such as PowerShell to automate simple tasks.
- Support the Splunk application to include install and setup of the application forwarders, writing SPL queries, setting up alerts, and managing daily ingest to not exceed license threshold.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Information Systems or related field; experience and/or appropriate certifications may be substituted for degree
- Must have 4+ years prior experience in Windows Systems Administrator role
- Experience with IIS and/or Apache
- Must have an excellent technical understanding of Microsoft server technologies and associated software
- Work on moderately complex assignments, using judgement to resolve problems and make recommendations
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and network troubleshooting
- An understanding of MS Active Directory domains, including: initial implementation, configuration and maintenance
- Experience with applying Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG’s)
- Experience with administration of Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 in a virtualized server environment
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Experience working within a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a genuine desire to help resolve complex technical issues
- Proven ability in performing virtual server, storage and network management
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.