U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer, and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is now hiring a full-time Associate in the Brand Department! U.S. Soccer internships, referred to as Associates, are full-time, 6 month paid opportunities making an impact in the world of soccer in the United States.
The Graphic Design Associate will help bring U.S. Soccer’s Brand to life through visual storytelling. As a Graphic Design Associate, you will work with Brand Leadership to design and produce creative concepts that align with U.S. Soccer’s Brand strategy. The position will offer an integrated design experience that will expand your portfolio and provide a unique opportunity to help establish U.S. Soccer as the preeminent sport in the U.S. Projects will include but are not limited to FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, International Friendlies, CONCACAF Competitions, SheBelieves Cup, and U.S. Soccer’s One Nation campaign.
- Produce high quality creative assets (digital and print) for various digital channels (app, website, and social media) and events (posters, banners, collateral, etc.) that promote the U.S. Soccer brand narrative and achieve Federation objectives
- Work closely with Brand and other departments (including but not limited to, Content, Social Media, Events, Analytics, Referee, Coaching and Development Fund) to design and produce creative that furthers Federation programs and platforms
- Leverage fan insights to design creative that excites and engages fans in effort to strengthen the connection between the fans and the Federation.
- Develop and review creative to ensure it is consistent with U.S. Soccer brand standards (tone of voice, style, color, and quality)
- Partner with internal creatives and external agency partners to ensure consistency across all assets and foster a collaborative creative development process and environment
- Assist in developing and maintaining schedules for projects
- Play a key role in Digital asset management throughout the organization
- Research and share inspiration and best practices from design, sports and other industries
- Experience in an agency, in-house creative department or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited college or university or an advertising portfolio program (must be at least junior year).
- Must present a portfolio of work that represents a diverse creative skill set including:
- Identity / logo design
- Photo editing and compositing
- Data visualization / Infographics
- Proficient in developing both vector and raster graphics
- Multipage layout
- Strong understanding of digital media including social media, website, app, etc.
- Strong, audience-focused design capabilities in both print and new media.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Excel.
- Ability to understand/follow creative direction and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills with an ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Highly creative with a willingness to contribute innovative ideas/thinking
- Has a pulse on social media, cultural trends, and user interaction
- Proficiency in 3D and Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Poses a desire to work in the unique space of athletics and design as a career
- Proficient with Apple/ Mac operating systems and equipment
- Familiar with the Soccer landscape
- Copywriting and campaign concepting skills desired
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment