The Program/Project Manager is primarily responsible to ensure that all contractual requirements are met on schedule and within budget for his/ her assigned programs. This will include profit and loss responsibility for the assigned projects. They will serve as the primary point of contact for the customers of their assigned programs. The Project/Program Manager will lead the planning and execution of assigned programs, including monitoring and control activities to ensure performance matches plans. The Project/Program Manager will serve as the lead in efforts to identify risks and opportunities to their programs and to develop and implement plans to avoid or realize them, respectively. Ancillary responsibilities include leadership and guidance of the organization’s Program Administration group, marketing support, and proposal development, as well as other tasks assigned by the Director of Programs.
- BS degree is required (an engineering discipline is preferred).
- Three to seven years of experience managing defense programs valued at $2.0M or greater.
- Experience in the management of programs requiring Earned Value Management System (EVMS) tools and techniques.
- Experience in establishing and executing risk management programs.
- Strong Microsoft Project and Office skills.
- Experience managing software development activities is desired.
- Candidates must be able to effectively lead teams in a matrix environment, where programs share functional resources.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Customer Relations skills are required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Must be able to periodically travel as required by the company.
- ASI is a Drug-Free Workplace and the candidate must be able to pass an entry and random Drug Testing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Project/Program Manager, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.