The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including HR Business Partnership with leadership team, performance management, labor relations, recruitment, onboarding, culture, employee relations, compensation, engagement, administering pay, benefits, and LOAs, and the creation and administration of company policies and practices.
- As a member of the management team, partners to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, onboarding, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to team, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and terminations.
- Manages the company’s benefit programs and offerings on an annual basis to ensure competitive total compensation.
- Support the VP of Operations in union relations and ensure contract compliance.
- Provides input to the payroll functions of the organization to ensure timely and accurate pay practices.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, onboards, and leads new staff in the department including HR and office administration.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Day to day leadership and people management of direct reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and utmost confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- 4 +years’ experience in Human Resource related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- HR certification preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient time management skills; sense of urgency.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office.
- Office environment with limited travel