Enjoy working from the comfort of your home! Fully Remote Position!
Explore a Career with Skillable. Make a difference every day.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the United States, where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
Become part of the Skillable team, where we want you to love your work
Skillable is seeking a Human Resources and Benefits Specialist responsible for supporting the employees of Skillable. Oversee and maintain daily operational needs in support of employment experience and life cycle including areas such as employment policies and procedures, benefits, HR compliance standards, employee onboarding, talent development, reward, and recognition and more. Responsible for ensuring the organization’s HRIS and benefit vendor operational standards and tools create are accurate and support business growth goals.
The Human Resources and Benefits Specialist will report directly to the Senior Vice President of People and Culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional subject matter expertise and support to employees for benefits onboarding, enrollment, and utilization.
- Serve as a partner and resource on HR related issues, and general employment questions for internal policies.
- Monitor usage of benefits programs through regular auditing and reporting and provide recommendations on enhancements or changes to programs in support of company objectives.
- Manage and administer HRIS and related systems to ensure timely and accurate information and reports. Create, document, and maintain process and procedure guidelines.
- Help ensure complete and regular reviews and updates to company policies in support of company culture and state and federal compliance obligations.
- Act as a partner to payroll team to administer requests for sick days, time off, and leaves of absence, as well as any changes in compensation, bonus or related changes including termination or leave of absence.
- Maintain accurate internal records and company documents to ensure compliance, meet audit needs and manage employment risk.
- Ensure HR practice follows all required laws and statutes.
- Organize and lead mandatory employee compliance training including engaging with the RFP process for outside vendors.
- Build, manage, and maintain efficient processes for the most timely and accurate internal employee and departmental changes,
- Support and promote Skillable values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Other tactical and strategic HR initiatives or cross-functional projects as required.
Job Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years working within HR or Payroll.
- A passion to help people, improve process and learn through natural curiosity.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to stop and look at a bigger picture.
- Experience working cross-functionally and promoting collaborative partnerships to drive results and create a desirable work environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to various audiences/levels including leadership through various mediums
- Ability to present and convey material both formally and informally to all levels of the organization
- A willingness to learn expeditiously of HR and business operations and processes
- High-level of confidence, integrity, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Strong MS Office, web conferencing and internal communication software experience.
The ideal candidate is outgoing, friendly, tech savvy, and passionate about building and providing an employee focused, service-oriented HR practice in a growing organization. You understand what employees and managers expect and are an excellent communicator keeping managers and employees up to date at all times. You are task driven, detail oriented, prompt, and thorough with a self-discipline to manage time in a remote work environment. You have a passion for excellent customer service and want every employee to have an exceptional experience during their term of employment, taking advantage of all the benefits the organization has to offer.
You are very comfortable in a highly fast paced, and technology centric company. You strive to simplify and automate the HR experience and create low-touch highly integrated processes that solve employee needs while minimizing the burden of managers. You are an excellent, eloquent, and accurate communicator and can both convey specifics and summaries where needed.
While your primary day is a normal business day, you can work varying hours from time to time to accommodate a global workforce.
Salary $75-85K depending on qualifications and experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee's compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, 10 Company Recognized Holidays, 1 Floating Holiday, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!