U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology, and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create, and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Member and Player Services department is the most outward facing, member and player focused. This department works with 113 U.S. Soccer Organization Members on the member side and all National Team Players, alumni, and current players, on a variety of tasks, programs, and projects. The Member Programs Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to all department activities.
- Be a point of contact and support programming for Member Organizations
- Provide exemplary customer service in answering incoming emails and calls from constituents
- Perform various administrative duties for the department, such as, but not limited to:
- Monitor the department email inbox, responding to and referring emails as appropriate
- Support the Member Relations Manager in preparation of the monthly Member newsletter and call as well as other member communications
- Support the department and the Compliance Manager with Member communication related to compliance requirements, including SafeSport, member dues, and U.S. Soccer bylaw requirements
- Develop and maintain informational and educational resources for Member Organizations under the guidance of the Grants Program & Member Services Manager and Member Relations Manager
- Support the Grants Program & Member Services Manager with administrative tasks related to the Innovate to Grow application process and award administration
- Support the Member Relations Manager in distribution of match tickets and ticket presales to Members in accordance with Match Ticket Distribution Policy
- Contribute to the development of new member programs, services, and initiatives (participation programming, World Cup activations, community events, content series, etc.)
- Assist with U.S. Soccer Member events (AGM, Member Meetings, etc.)
- Assist with other Federation tasks and events as needed (National Team matches, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 10-20% of the year as needed
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong knowledge of the sport and overall soccer landscape in the United States
- Experience working for and with U.S. Soccer Member Organizations is ideal
- Strong customer service background with the ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Has an analytics mindset when it comes to problem solving
- Takes initiative and is resourceful
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment