At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Director of Legal Affairs/Senior Counsel
Wasabi is looking for an experienced Director of Legal Affairs who will work closely with our management team, global colleagues, and outside counsel in managing all legal operations for the organization. This person will use their experience and expertise to manage Wasabi’s ongoing legal activities while working to develop a foundational strategy that partners with other functions to facilitate operations and supports our rapid growth. This role reports to Wasabi’s Chief Financial Officer and will manage one senior team member and additional resources as the company expands.
- Lead and grow a high impact commercial law focused team passional about data protection and delighting customers, both external and internal.
- Manage legal department, including contracts management.
- Identify, research, and analyze legal issues that affect the organization at the state, federal and international levels.
- Further the development of our core legal processes while laying the groundwork for building and scaling our legal organization.
- Drive adoption of new software, systems and processes to support collaboration, speed workflows, and enhance and manage global compliance.
- Negotiate and process a wide range of contracts, including license, customer and vendor agreements, data privacy, non-disclosure, and other technology-related agreements.
- Monitor and analyze changes in the law and legal risks, developing creative and effective solutions to address those risks. Collaborate with finance, product and I/T teams to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements. Counsel business partners on product-related legal issues, from inception to production and maintenance.
- Consider and advise the company on evolving privacy and regulatory requirements worldwide, and drive proactive solutions.
- Develop resolution strategies, lead/oversee and/or personally execute on legal and risk matters such as contract escalations, commercial litigation and HR; handle situations diplomatically.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across business lines to define and develop global programs and related corporate policies and procedures.
- Experience in a technology company serving small to large enterprise customers.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school with active bar membership, preferably in Massachusetts.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities, managing people and responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Partnership mindset - success in this role will require close relations with other functions.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to understand complex legal concepts and translate those to non-lawyers to create practical processes, guidance, and training.
- Demonstrated expertise in global privacy legislation.
- Ability to understand and embrace the evolving regulatory landscape.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.