Position Summary: The Digital Marketing Manager assists with digital communication and strategy initiatives in support of the Foundation’s mission and brand, including education, preservation, retail, licensing, membership, philanthropy, and public access programs at both Taliesin in WI and Taliesin West in AZ. Successful incumbents have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and can lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. The Digital Marketing Manager works with the marketing team as the pillar of digital marketing support for the Communications department and a main source of content production and email, web, and social media analytics management for the Foundation.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain social media presence
- Maintain and manage the Foundation’s website
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Proactively suggests and works with the Communications team to execute creative ways to grow subscriber base, increase tour visitors, and communicate impact of Foundation by creating compelling email and digital content that demonstrates alignment with audience needs and interests
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Write and edit content that may also be utilized for the website and blog, social media posts, advertisements, collateral, Frank Lloyd Wright Quarterly magazine, and other communication efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and skills
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Familiarity with digital marketing analytics
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Feathr)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Ads campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- At least two years of professional experience including HTML proficiency, research skills, data management, and writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with and affinity for the mission of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, and proactive with ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Excellent judgment, collaboration, time management and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud Luminate Online email, HTML coding, MS Office, Internet, and a knowledge of a variety of social media platforms preferred.
- Knowledge or proficiency in Blackbaud online products such as Altru and Omatic highly desirable.
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one upon hire.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Lower Risk (Caution): This position has minimal occupational contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Lower Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation's Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
- Travel: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel to Wisconsin and/or other locations on occasion.
Frank Lloyd Wright is an equal opportunity employer.