Capital Impact and CDC Small Business Finance recently formed a new enterprise to advance solutions that address social and economic inequality. Together we will focus on holistic economic and community development at scale with a focus on people and place. At the core, our suite of products and services, experience, and scope will foster equitable job creation, wealth building, and economic mobility.
The corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this culture are our mission and values.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the strategic development and execution of all internal communications with an aim to build internal understanding and support for the enterprise’s strategy, culture, mission, and values and amplify our employment brand. This position will actively drive company-wide employee communications for 250+ employees working across multiple sub-brands of the enterprise who are based across the country.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Brand and will actively engage with the President’s Office, Executive Management Team, Human Resources, Strategy Team, and other senior leaders across the organization.
This person hired for this position can be based out of one of our key geographic regions with a preference to Washington, D.C. or Los Angeles. However, this position may be required to alter hours as necessary to engage with staff across a variety of time zones.
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide internal communication strategies and plans that engage, inform and align and inspire employees around strategic themes, corporate updates and policies, as well as mission, culture, and values.
- Engage with Presidents Office and EVP of Community Development to develop messaging in the voice and tone of the President and CEO.
- Engage with Human Resources to develop messaging that supports employee engagement efforts as well as provide clear communications on corporate policies.
- Create and implement calendar that includes a variety of in-person and virtual communications tactics that connect leadership with employees, and supports peer-to-peer communications. Support the development of key messages and communications materials for each tactic.
- Manage company intranet to ensure high employee engagement by ensuring it contains a mixture of company news, details on company policies and procedures, and fun activities. Support ability of staff to post to intranet and manage the addition and removal of staff as necessary.
- Oversee “staff spotlight” series to introduce team members to each other across the organization using blog and/or video formats. Series will be used both internally and as a marketing tactic externally.
- Oversee internal brownbag series educating staff on the roles and products led by the various teams across the enterprise.
- Support development of agenda, messaging, and speaker selection for all-staff meetings and other events including staff retreats.
- Manage and write content for all-enterprise eNewsletter with a variety of engaging and informative content.
- Sit on key internal committees (HR Advisory Council, Core Values, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, etc.) to gather key insights to use in developing internal communications strategies.
- Research and implement virtual event platform to best engage staff during live events.
- Establish and track metrics that help identify effectiveness of internal communications programs and where improvements can be made.
- Manage third-party vendors as necessary to ensure strategic and cost-effective use of services
- Passionate about our mission to support equitable and inclusive communities.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years managing a corporate wide internal communication calendar and a variety of internal communications tactics.
- Understanding of asset-framed writing and photo/video selection. Ability to utilize a conversational and engaging writing style that creates an emotional connections with staff.
- Strong executive communications experience with demonstrated ability to write and tailor content on behalf of the CEO and other senior leaders that connects with staff.
- Ability to create compelling messages that provides all levels of employees with a clear line of sight to business strategy, strategic themes, and key areas of culture and mission.
- Comfortable learning and utilizing existing and emerging technology to enhance company-wide communication. Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Thoroughly understand internal and external corporate business issues and practices and be able to prepare communication materials to address as necessary.
- Ability to manage a number of programs/projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment while also being able to pivot to address immediate support requirements. Must be able to prioritize work on a daily and ongoing basis. Must be able to clearly demonstrate processes and timelines in an easy to understand manner to senior staff.
- Able to engage with and counsel multiple teams and staff of various seniorities across the enterprise. Need to demonstrate strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.