We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer a preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Seeking a highly motivated Communications Coordinator who is passionate about establishing U.S. Soccer as the preeminent sport in the U.S. The focus of the position is on both internal and external communications and public relations. The individual in the position will work closely with all U.S. Soccer departments to improve internal communications across the Federation, while also overseeing the communications strategy with important stakeholders, including Membership, former National Team players and coaches, and U.S. Soccer fans. The role will require developing a comprehensive communications strategy for each area, pitching stories to media, and dealing with requests from national and international news organizations. The position also requires strong writing skills.
- Develop U.S. Soccer’s communications approach to improve connections and touchpoints with Membership, including youth affiliates, adult affiliates, state associations, professional leagues and disabled servicer organizations.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to develop a more comprehensive staff communications approach as U.S. Soccer continues to grow, mature and evolve.
- Develop a communications strategy to connect more deeply with U.S. Soccer’s alumnus, including coaches and players from all National Teams – senior, youth and extended.
- Assist with U.S. Soccer’s communications with supporters’ groups, including national and in local markets, and the overall fan base.
- Write press releases and handle all media requests connected to these areas.
- Assist with sending out all press releases and help manage U.S. Soccer media lists
- Oversee the production of yearly media guide
- Coordinate interview requests and other media opportunities as needed.
- Serve as the primary contact for conference appearances for all U.S. Soccer employees
- Handles media monitoring process, including providing daily and event or situation-based coverage reports and developing and sharing reports and analysis of coverage to show impact
Education, Work Experience, Special Skills/Knowledge required:
- Bachelor's degree required with 2+ years of experience with digital content creation and strategy
- Strong understanding of digital media, including all types of content, social media, websites, etc.
- Strong understanding of the soccer landscape
- Ability to make sense of complex information, then create content quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects on varying timelines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Exhibits professional maturity
- Demonstrates a genuine desire and passion for the business
- Must be willing to travel
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment