Reports To: Manager, Brokerage Operations
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Account Manager is responsible for handling all operations from load entry to rate approvals to all levels of customer service on specific customer accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day operations for specific customer accounts.
- Provide exceptional customer service on assigned accounts.
- Build shipments for customers as necessary.
- Provide spot rate quotes to customer accounts.
- Build relationships with customer’s day to day contacts.
- Handle accounts receivable (AR) operations for customer.
- Provide rate approvals for carrier representatives.
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments as needed..
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience using software Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Customer service experience
- At least one-year Account Management or Customer Service experience
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive, and motivated attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.