Cherry Gulch is a nationally renowned therapeutic residential treatment center for middle school boys, providing innovative and cutting-edge services to boys and families from all over the world. We are located in the foothills of Emmett, ID, overlooking the beautiful Black Canyon Reservoir and Payette River. The school is a 30-45 minute drive from the greater Boise valley.
Therapists (Program Clinicians) at Cherry Gulch are responsible for the implementation of the clinical aspects of the program. This position manages a caseload of 6-8 students ages 10-16, providing individual, group, and family therapy for their students. This includes general oversight of milieu interventions, attendance at weekly clinical meetings, crisis intervention, and implementation of program philosophy. Therapists are also required to successfully collaborate with other departments within the program, referring professionals and families to ensure the highest level of professionalism and clinical sophistication in every aspect of the program.
Full-Time Program Clinician at Cherry Gulch will need to demonstrate the following:
· Ability to execute effective therapy and interventions with clients in individual, group, and family therapy.
· Ability to provide effective case management and provide feedback to a multidisciplinary team.
· Ability to manage and coach families, including the ability to coach parents through difficult situations, the ability to help parents learn about their child's specific needs, and the ability to help parents grow their parenting skills to effectively parent their child.
· Ability to effectively communicate with collateral contacts, including referral sources, home therapists, previous programs, and psychiatrists.
· Ability to provide effective transition planning.
· Ability to empower, teach, and support direct care staff.
· Must be able to market yourself to referring professionals.
· Therapists must be able to work effectively as a part of a team.
· Ability to complete treatment plans, case notes, and assessments in a timely manner.
· Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
· The therapist position at Cherry Gulch requires flexibility to navigate the ever-changing needs of the students, staff, and families.
· Ability to navigate a rotating on-call schedule.
Ideal candidates will be an adventurous person who is excited to help our students find their passion and interests. We are looking for a therapist who will help our program grow and engages our students in the world around them. Someone who loves to learn and collaborate within a team setting.
Other Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a master’s degree and Idaho state licensure as a LPC, LCPC, LMSW or LCSW.
- Department of Health and Welfare background check required.
- Experience working with kids and/or families preferred.
Other Professional Benefits
- Free supervision is offered for those working toward their clinical license.
- Extensive training provided on-site.
- CEU and certification reimbursement upon approval.
- Flexible schedule.
- Opportunity for exponential professional growth.
- Team approach to therapy.
Job Type: Full-time