Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for designing, analyzing, budgeting, communicating and implementing compensation and benefit programs and strategies that effectively attract and retain employees. This role ensures compliance with various federal and state regulations regarding compensation and benefit plans. Additionally, the position ensures integration of benefit and compensations plans related to acquisitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual compensation planning process. Develop guidelines, training, materials, and ensure online tools are prepared to support management.
- Evaluate job descriptions and appropriately align them into salary bands based on market data.
- Utilizing job descriptions perform FLSA audits in compliance with federal regulations to ensure proper classification of positions.
- Research the market to determine compensation program trends and provide strategic recommendations for compensation programs.
- Recommend new programs and/or modifications to existing programs.
- Manage market benchmark surveys, analyze competitive market data (national and local), propose salary increase budgets and develop recommendations.
- Provide guidance to management on pay decisions, policy and guidelines interpretation, and job evaluation/job hierarchy.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Establish wage and salary structure and pay policies to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Oversee annual Performance Management and Salary Planning process.
- Ensure that HRIS meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes in compensation structures and bonus programs.
- Drive discussions with managers and employees on compensation-related issues.
- Administer and evaluate bonus programs and bring forward and influence recommendations for changes where needed; review and update programs as necessary.
- Train management on company compensation structure and philosophy. Partner with managers to provide wage offers that adhere to Company compensation philosophy. Perform additional duties as required.
- Act as an advisor and coach leaders on total reward programs.
- Consult and advise leadership on highly confidential and complex compensation and benefit issues.
- Manage brokers with regards to the administration of the group medical, vision, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability, etc.
- Manage timely and effective communication of benefits information to HR team, including new hires, open enrollment, and day to day routine communication.
- Manage health, ancillary, and retirement benefits including enrollments and terminations.
- Ensure required documents are processed through payroll and carriers to ensure accurate recordkeeping and proper payroll deductions.
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvements within the benefits administration function. Collaborate with HRIS Manager on system improvements.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and compliance with federal and state employment legislation changes.
- Assess the competitiveness of benefit programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and reporting, including timely and accurate filing of Form 5500.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the HR field with at least 5 years of compensation and benefits strategy, analysis, and administration experience
- Experience advising and administering group benefits plans and compensation programs
- Experience working with senior level management on benefit and compensation strategies
- Experience with Microsoft Suite applications that include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Transportation or manufacturing experience
- Senior HR Certification (SHRM-SCP or SPHR)
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Ability to thrive in ever-changing environment
- Ability to form strong working relationships with managers and senior level executives
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and be creative in resolving problems
- Proven skill in working independently with little direction
- Solid knowledge and understanding of HR compensation/benefits practices, broad-base and variable pay programs, performance management, and recognition programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity
- Demonstrated initiative; results oriented
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, data analysis, setting and meeting organizational goals, and time management
- Proven skill to influence thinking, and apply complicated strategies
- Proven ability to build relationships, communicate effectively, and present ideas confidently and persuasively
- Ability to establish pay practices and compensation structure that helps attract and retain staff
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations and the ability to interpret and advise on these laws
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This position may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners.
- Occasional local travel to other company locations.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.