The Alkeme Insurance Holdings owned Digital MGA, Brokkrr Insurance Services, is a cutting edge Insuretech start up with significant growth. Our team's industry experience, fast paced environment, fostering of collaboration and innovation, is a unique and undeniably attractive business model. We develop customized products and services that are tailored to respond to each client's unique exposures.
Within stipulated underwriting authority limits, this position is accountable for reviewing and evaluating applications for insurance coverages to classify the degree of insurable risk and determine appropriate premium amounts. This is a primary level underwriting position responsible for handling submissions involving moderate to very complex exposures and medium to high coverage limits.
- The Entertainment Underwriter has responsibility for new and renewal business. The position will be responsible for driving profitable growth with specific Entertainment brokers in multiple regions of the country. Lines of business include Accident & Health (sports/entertainment/guilds/horse racing) entertainment film packages, motorsports, property, inland marine, general liability, automobile, umbrella, and workers' compensation. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, results oriented, creative, with solid business and underwriting acumen.
- Ability to underwrite A&H risks including Business Travel Accident, Group and Voluntary AD&D, Participant Accident, Critical Illness and Student Accident
- Underwriting duties will include developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and renewals.
- Essential skills include collaborating/innovating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, regulatory and senior management.
- Must implement and manage effective pricing and rate strategies that will produce profitability, book growth, and successful producer relations
- Review and evaluate insurance applications and related documents, including inspection reports, financial statements, loss data, MVR’s, and other information needed to properly evaluate and classify the degree of risk in relation to proposed coverage limits.
- Obtain all relevant information not included with the initial submission to ensure a thorough evaluation of the risk.
- Review and evaluate renewal business and recommend appropriate actions to attain premium rate and loss ratio objectives.
- Prepare own or review other quotations/proposals for presentation to potential clients.
- Approve the coverages requested within specified underwriting authority, either as submitted or on a modified basis, or decline the risk in its entirety; refer with recommended action if risk exceeds underwriting authority.
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with the company’s marketing professionals and their productions sources to attract and retain clients.
- Review policy forms used in specific programs to ensure consistency and keep producers informed regarding coverage issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of underwriting experience
- Experience in Accident & Health, P&C, is required
- Entertainment underwriting is essential. Contingency product experience a plus.
- Review terms and pricing of competitors with the ability to win new accounts from competition.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate success in underwriting, marketing, producer management, new business development, and the ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with both internal and external partners.
- Teamwork, communication, innovation, and negotiation skills required. Candidate will need a solid background in risk analysis and experience with complex accounts.
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with the underwriting process
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products, and pricing strategies expected.
- The ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing, rapid business environment.