The Category Manager has strong procurement and analytical experience combined with the vision to create short-, mid-, and long-term sourcing solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of global sourcing and supplier strategies, as well as the identification and execution of cost savings programs. As a member of the Category Management team, you will work within a dynamic environment with a high-level of exposure and influence.
- Collect and rationalize inputs from Commodity Team.
- Facilitate monthly Commodity Team meetings and regularly communicate strategy to key stakeholders and internal customers.
- Conduct make/buy analysis and make recommendations for strategy.
- Ensure sourcing from qualified suppliers, monitor supplier performance and drive corrective actions and improvement plans, as required.
- Negotiate and implement contracts and ensure compliance.
- Create and establish external benchmark analysis including gap analysis and required actions to achieve functional competitive advantage.
- Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supplier base and maximize the value of spend.
- Partner with Quality to drive continuous improvement.
- Implement programs to drive total cost of acquisition improvement activities to enhance margin and improve service levels.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Experience and/or Training:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role within a related industry.
- Cross-cultural business and social acumen
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Understanding of supplier cost structure; ability to perform analysis and interpret data into actionable steps.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Global experience leading cross-functional or geographically dispersed teams preferred
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Solid analytical skills to understand market dynamics and business requirements.
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
- Ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
- Focused on results – willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
- Strong business acumen – strong financial, strategic, operational and leadership skills. Ability to understand business models and key drivers quickly.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and prior experience utilizing Business Intelligence tools is a plus.