The Greenville University Men's Basketball program is seeking applicants for the appointment of Graduate Assistant Coach. This appointment is for 10 months beginning in August 2019.
NCAA Playing Season: 19 weeks
Start Date of Duties: the week prior to students arriving
- October 15th through the end of the season - Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am to the end of practice
- Work may consist of all day Saturday preparations and travel times, and post game duties (i.e. reporting stats, game analysis with coaches and film breakdown)
Graduate Assistant’s (GA) are students and employees of the university.
Responsible for recruiting and helping admit 10 new students to the basketball program each year.
- Includes evening and weekend calling to players and coaches
- Includes some, but limited, travel to observe players and games
- Recruiting Flow Chart Order
Serve as the Head Coach for the Junior Varsity squad.
Player meeting and development
Completion of master’s degree
- Instrumental in professional development, and at any level of coaching and teaching
Assist the overall athletic department in:
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.