The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Effectively supervise and coach production employees to meet safety, quality, and delivery goals.
- Ability to motivate employees, foster teamwork, and celebrate the wins.
- Interact with cross-functional departments to achieve optimum efficiency and production.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of all operations and machinery in their assigned area(s) including the ability to troubleshoot, root-cause problem solves, and implement sustainable improvements.
- Utilizes lean manufacturing skills and tools to assess non-value to value added activities & implement sustainable improvements.
- Project management skills required to lead projects involving all aspects of production.
- Utilizes manage-by-fact mindset to develop/sustain/analyze capacity planning & productivity measurements.
- Ability to perform administrative duties such as time & attendance, training performance evaluations, and issuance of appropriate discipline.
- Enhances and maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Promote and enforce safety on a plant wide basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree required.
Experience and/or Training: 2-5 years of supervisory experience or similar leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience required. Must have demonstrated skills in use of visual management to manage daily operations. Passion for root cause analysis. Ability to meet deadlines and take accountability. Previous experience dealing with a union is preferred. CNC Machining experience is preferred.
Technology/Equipment: MS Office Suite proficiency required (Outlook, Excel). Working knowledge of an ERP and Time and Labor system strongly preferred. Experience with IS90001 and other quality systems.