Position Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, Community Engagement
Salary: Competitive with other Nonprofits and Commensurate with Experience/ Education
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Holiday, and Paid Time Off
Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County is a Nonprofit community developer and affordable home builder seeks a highly motivated individual and experienced Community Leader to join our team. Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) serves as a catalyst for local residents, business and government representatives to work together to build stronger neighborhoods, improve the quality of life for low to moderate income families and revitalize communities into neighborhoods of choice. Salary range is $55,000 - 64,000 based on experience.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is primarily responsible for building relationships with governmental agencies, members in Los Angeles County to conduct needs assessments associated with community events, workshops and trainings related to the organization’s key programmatic areas of homeownership creation/preservation and community revitalization. This position will also be responsible for organizing and coordinating all aspects of community projects and special events.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: service excellence and competence, collaboration, accountability, stewardship of resources, and functional knowledge of all business lines and client base.
- Collaborates with Director of Community Affairs to create and manage detailed plans & logistics (including outreach & role assignments) related to all community based events.
- Ensures the successful execution of all community based events to maximize the number of clients served and event cost effectiveness.
- Conducts and distributes primary and secondary research related to community needs in key programmatic areas.
- Communicates with Marketing & Development team to discuss marketing & outreach materials, execution of events and individual work plan.
- Coordinates with All Staff, as necessary, to ensure events are staffed with a sufficient amount of LA NHS counselors and volunteers.
- Works with Marketing & Development team on special projects; works with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands but knows when to seek assistance from Supervisor and/or other staff.
- Monitors budgets related with community events.
- Assists on special projects in other departments, as needed.
- Attends and successfully completes training, as required.
- Meets deadlines, provides expected deliverables within given time period, and is responsible for accuracy of final copy of the time.
- Reports to work each regularly scheduled work day, is in place and ready to work at the precise and scheduled start time, proceeds and continues to work, and is seldom absent.
- Observes company policies and procedures, including safety and security, even reporting potentially unsafe conditions; and, uses equipment and materials properly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications or related field, preferred
- Two years of experience in non-profit environment, preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish, preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to address a group
- Strong organizational skills and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a deep enthusiasm for community organizing and community development/revitalization
- Demonstrates values associated with working respectfully in partnership with others
- Available for evening and weekend meetings and events (mandatory)
- Community event planning experience helpful
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Signed Consent for Release of Motor Vehicle Records
- Valid California Driver License required