UI/Product Graphic Designer, US, EST
NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We consider ourselves a community of tastemakers and firestarters who always strive to challenge the status quo.
We seek a driven UI/Product Designer to join our US office. This year is an inflection point in NJI’s history: we’re celebrating 15 years in business and have the ambition to match. This role will join a community of talented designers across three continents to craft great work. NJI’s creative team handles the complex world of big policy, big tech, and nonprofits. We believe strong UX and UI are at the heart conveying the intricate and layered topics of our clients. Find the idea of creating captivating experiences for the United Nations thrilling? Want to contribute to how human rights is being talked about? Eager to shape a discipline within an agency? This role may be right for you.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. Foundational skills in designer and user experience will go far here. Working knowledge across the adobe suite, Figma and Sketch is a must.
- Design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Deliver low-fidelity wireframes, well researched site maps, and best in-class working prototypes with micro animations.
- Clearly articulate UI trends, techniques, and technologies to internal teams and external clients.
- Develop UI Kits and maintain usability documentation.
- Are knowledgeable about accessibility and the impact design decisions have in making products usable for everyone.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- Occasionally design across non-web based projects, and produce deliverables in illustrator, indesign and photoshop.
- Challenge the status quo with new ideas, tactics, and concepts. Ready to bring UX/UI thinking into the metaverse? Bring it on.
- Contribute to our craft by maintaining high standards of process and technique #neverbesatisfied
- Demonstrate resilience under pressure while exhibiting a positive, respectful attitude.
- Collaborate with crazy talented designers across the globe.
- Become a fluent advocate for NJI brand and help us evolve it.
- Wowza portfolio: Portfolio should demonstrate a working knowledge across the adobe suite as well as Figma and/or Sketch. Your work should have a solid grounding within core UX principles and showcase beautiful interfaces. Deep design thinking is appreciated. Applications submitted without a portfolio link, or attachment will be disqualified.
- Growth-Mindset: You find opportunity in challenge. NJI is a fast-paced, growing business across the globe, which means constantly re-evaluating how we operate. We’re seeking a partner thrilled to contribute to that growth.
- Skill-Fluency: You have an ability to pivot between techniques and toe the line between design and art. A proficient background and understanding of design principles as well as UX/UI guidelines is a must.
- Humility and Hunger: You know how flex your processes to work with a range of client budgets: from top tier, multi-year contracts to scrappy month long sprints.
- Creative-Enabler: you know how to foster creativity within a project, and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels for best results.
- Avid Listener: You make internal and external clients feel heard, inspired, and transcended in your conversations, offering best practices and sound counsel.
- Process-Guru: you have proven success in scaling and improving large, multi-faceted projects. You know how to streamline every phase of a creative project from research and ideation through refinement and delivery.
Work Hard Where You Are.
Part of our secret sauce is knowing that good talent can live anywhere. We actively encourage individuals to apply from across the country. NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban foragers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses. This position is remote-eligible, and NJI maintains a hybrid/remote work policy for all offices. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume, and write something that personally expresses who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experience, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.