Trellance is the leading provider of data, analytics, and business intelligence solutions to financial institutions. Organizations use its technology and consulting services to meet the consumer finance expectations of today’s digital world, one that is increasingly driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning. The company’s patented enterprise data platform, Trellance M360, is the enabling engine behind digital transformation and member experience. Trellance was founded in 1989, and its Tampa headquarters features a modern office space with panoramic water and city views, covered parking, onsite car detailing, and a café. The company offers attractive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with matching plus profit-sharing; and many more tools and resources.
Director, Data Science is a dedicated, creative, and motivated data leader who loves developing powerful, stable, and intuitive AI and Predictive Analytics solutions – you will collaborate with the business to execute on identified opportunities for deploying machine learning and AI solutions.
- Responsible for leading the teams of Data Scientists, guiding them to solve complex business problems
- Balance leading and directly contributing to the framing, data preparation, development, and documentation of ML and AI models and solutions.
- Test and deploy ML and AI solutions, and in monitoring and managing the health and performance of those solutions in production.
- Effectively lead 3 to 7 onshore and/or offshore individual contributors.
- Explore and test additional data sources that may add value.
- Consult the technical literature or adopt new software when necessary to design and implement novel solutions to business problems.
- Advise and lead and/or execute simulation and analytics projects.
- Responsible to manage the team’s performance goals, reviews, appraisals
- Serve as liaison between IT and the business to lead the data gathering requirements, data mapping.
- Effectively manages resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolutions.
- Provides leadership by setting priorities, assigning work and coaching / mentoring unit members.
- Responsible for the recruitment and development of needed talent for meeting long-term business goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, or physics.
· 5+ years of experience as a data scientist in industry, including leading the development of machine learning models and implementing them into production. Ideally at a FinTech.
· 3+ years of Experience successfully leading a team of Data Scientists.
· Expertise in Python, SQL, and open-source machine learning packages, like scikit.
· Experience with new automated machine learning and related software.
· Flexible and productive in a hybrid remote/in-office arrangement.
· Able to translate business requirements into clear Technical specifications for the development team
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
· Experience with scripting languages such as R, Python.
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners.
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
· Emotional maturity.
· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
· Strong organizational skills; attentive to details and accuracy.