Named the Top Tech Startup in SATCOM in 2020, the 2021 Top Innovation in the New Space industry, and Maryland’s 2021 Emerging Technology Company of the Year, Kythera Space Solutions develops groundbreaking planning, optimization, and control software solutions for advanced satellite communication systems.
Based in the Washington DC metro area, Kythera is seeking a Full Stack Developer (Angular/Java) to help lead the development of our next-generation solutions and products for satellite communications.
Under the supervision of a lead developer, the Full Stack Developer (Angular/Java) will contribute to the implementation of new features and maintenance of existing functionality in our line of products that utilize a web-based User Interface. In this role, you will develop user interface components using Angular and implement back-end functionality in Java. You will collaborate with fellow developers in the design, implementation, and testing of UI features in an Agile development environment. This role will offer you the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our new, cutting edge line of products that will shape the future of the SATCOM industry.
Kythera is transforming the satellite communications industry. If you’re interested in and capable of transforming the UI for SATCOM, give us a call. We are an employee-owned company and offer a highly flexible and rewarding work environment and the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Developing mockups based on wireframes created during initial UI/Ux design
- Interfacing/updating back end components programmed in Java
- Debugging problems that arise in the UI and its interface with the back-end
- Monitoring and improving front-end and back-end performance
- Writing documentation about the design/architecture of the UI components
- Testing and deploying web UI applications to a cloud and/or on-premises
- Contributing to evolution of internal processes, coding standards, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degrees in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or a similar field
- 1+ years of experience developing with the Angular framework
- 1+ years of experience developing in Java
- Deep understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Familiarity with version control systems, including git
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
NICE IF YOU ALSO HAD:
- Experience with relational database technologies such as MySQL
- Experience working with REST APIs such as OpenAPI, gRPC, etc.
- Experience developing with React.js and Node.js frameworks
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the Jira Agile development tool
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications concepts including communications theory, link budgets, wireless communications, and satellite system components
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)