MASS MoCA is accepting applications for a full-time custodian, 2nd shift.
Schedule 5:30pm-1:30am Tuesday-Saturday.
Custodial responsibilities will include:
-Sanitizing and disinfecting throughout the museum
-Performing all routine cleaning tasks including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows and walls, restocking supplies, and other duties assigned using prescribed procedures
-Trash removal, recycling, and sanitation of waste receptacles
-Cleaning and supporting special events on the MASS MoCA campus
-Reporting observed damages or defects in assigned areas
-Assisting with snow removal and sanding
-Implementing technical and safety procedures as instructed by supervisor
-Assuming additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Prior custodial experience
- Candidates must demonstrate ample knowledge of cleaning safety procedures and certifications, methods, materials, equipment, and an ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment
- Candidates must be able to function well in a team/community environment, displaying common courtesy and politeness; custodial work involves frequent interaction with patrons, co-workers, and administrators.
- Candidates must be hard-working, reliable, punctual, and dedicated.
- Candidates should be able to work independently and must be self-motivated
- Must be available to work special events, weekends, overtime, holidays, and festivals when scheduled
- Outdoor work and work in inclement weather may be required as needed
- May be required to clean spills including bodily fluids
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk for long distances, lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis, and must be able to perform repetitive physical assignments.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required for employment
As defined by the National Labor Relations Act, this position is part of the bargaining unit for UAW Local 2110.