Job Activities of Maintenance Division Service Technician:
Perform general maintenance and repair work on commercial and industrial roofs. Reports to: assigned foreman. No Experience required. Training provided for long term career advancements within the Upson Team.
Job Activities of Maintenance Division Service Technician
· Observe and diagnose roof problems and repair as needed in accordance with applicable manufacturer’s specifications and company quality standards.
· Possess knowledge of wide range of roof systems and materials
· Generate leads and extend scope of work at every opportunity
· Set up and take down work site, tools, and equipment as needed
· Install, repair, or replace a variety of roof system components as instructed using specialty tools as necessary.
· Complete any necessary demolition or tear off.
· Purchase and maintain hand tools identified in pre-employment tool list.
· Basic ability to use hand tools specific to job duties.
· Follow instructions of supervisor at all times with little or no on-site supervision.
· Properly use and maintain any company equipment or material.
· Carry out duties in varying outdoor climate conditions for extended periods of time.
· Be available for emergency after-hours repairs calls as required.
Safety & Conduct
· Observe safety standards and procedures and be familiar with MSDS information and the job site location of MSDS information.
· Attend toolbox talk sessions weekly
· Present a professional appearance by wearing company approved attire, and maintain professional conduct at all times.
· Read and understand employee hand book and any company orientation literature provided.
· Comply with company drug and alcohol policy.
· Arrive at job site punctually and prepared to work on a daily basis.
· Provide own transportation to job site whenever required.
· Comply with job schedule as directed by supervisor, including overtime, weekend work, and out-of-town travel.
· Respect coworkers and be able to work in a team environment.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS of Maintenance Division Service Technician:
- Must possess ability to be professional, friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with supervisors and co-workers. Requires ability to listen, follow instructions and learn new tasks.
- Must be task-oriented, dependable, results-driven, and have the ability to excel in a team environment. Mental alertness is required to ensure accurate completion of work activities. Ability to follow company policies and procedures and applicable State and Federal laws is required.
- Requires ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, twist, turn, and reach frequently. Good manual dexterity is required, including eye-hand coordination, ability to grasp, manipulate, and assemble objects quickly. Requires ability to reach, lift and maneuver objects of various weights, shapes and sizes. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. without difficulty, and have the ability to maintain physical exertion over long periods of time. Also requires the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects; the ability to use short bursts of muscle force; and the ability to keep or regain body balance or stay upright when in an unstable position. Must also be comfortable working in job environment more than 6 feet off the ground.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- The above reflects the general nature of the work. Other duties as required.