Join the Western Container Hattiesburg team and begin unbottling your potential today! The ever-evolving team is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team!
For more than 35 years the Western Container team has been ensuring that Cola-Cola Bottlers have the highest quality preforms and bottles available to them. Western Container is a $400 million supplier of PET plastic bottles to the #1 soft drink brand in the world - Coca-Cola. We supply over 5.8 billion bottles and preforms annually to Coke bottlers throughout the western United States.
Our Mission is to maximize value for our Coca-Cola shareholders by providing the lowest cost, high quality and service, and an assurance of supply for them. Our plants are highly automated with new technology being introduced regularly. Our team is highly collaborative and motivated. Together we strive to keep our Core Values of Personal Responsibility, Professional Behavior, Mutual Respect, and Integrity at the forefront of what we do each day.
Maintenance Technicians perform maintenance on high-speed automated production machinery and support equipment. Technicians should have open shift availability.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and makes adjustments to electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems on production machinery and support equipment
- Performs inspection of production machinery and support equipment.
- Performs changeovers on production equipment per production demands.
- Performs preventive maintenance on production machinery and support equipment.
- Troubleshoots electrical control and distribution systems to include 24vac, 120vac, 277vac, and 480vac controller and monitor control systems
- Some programming and troubleshooting of PLC’s
- Orders and installs replacement parts for machines
- Prepares reports documenting work performed
- Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines
- Fabricates and welds basic steel projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Who are you?
Someone interested in a manufacturing career with an opportunity for career advancement. A team player, continuous improvement, open communication, and collaboration are a part of the day-to-day life at Western. Someone motivated to jump right in and learn new skills, that also enjoys problem-solving. You are willing to work 8 to12-hour shifts with prolonged periods of standing, able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
High School Diploma or GED preferred, prior work experience (three years or more with one employer), may be considered. Some vocational or community college with related coursework is ideal.
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills
- Works well independently and with others
- Good communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment
- Interested in Continuous Improvement and able to thrive in a self-directed environment
Skills for pay compensation program, you drive your own raises! Available Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage, Health Savings Accounts with WCC contributions for qualified members. Up to 6% dollar-for-dollar matching 401K program. Earn while you learn, annual training and development opportunities provided by WCC as well as career advancement, and tuition reimbursement programs offered. 10 paid holidays. Paid sick time, bereavement and jury duty leave available. Generous time off policy with 40+ hours of personal time within your first year of employment and 80+ hours in your second year. Western Container sponsored short-term disability, long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Uniforms and laundry service provided. Frequent member activities and annual family days. Member discount programs and more!