Description: The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the overall organization of their assigned warehouse(s), for the orderly flow of goods in and out of the location, and for documenting the above. As a member of both the Finance and Administration and Operations teams, this person’s work will directly impact the successful execution of projects on behalf of our customers.
Responsibilities: The Warehouse Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Receiving, unpacking, inspecting, and storing incoming materials and supplies,
- Assembling/staging orders and safely packing goods for shipment,
- Coordinating with Operations team to pick and transfer all equipment needed for pre-fabrication,
- Coordinating with Operations team to pick, pack, and ship all equipment leaving for a project site,
- Shipping product to job sites in coordination with our Installation and Project Management teams, via the most appropriate and economical approach possible,
- Documenting damages and discrepancies for future reimbursement and reconciliation,
- Testing/burning in certain key products as part of required quality control processes we need to maintain,
- Using shipping records to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders,
- Communicating with 3rd party carriers and logistics companies to ensure efficient delivery to or from warehouse,
- Proactively organizing and preparing the warehouse for all shipments to and from facility,
- Ensuring the safety of the warehouse and the security our inventory,
- Maintaining inventory accuracy and integrity through cycle counts and physical inventories
- If required, safely operating a forklift to move materials around warehouse
- Maintaining trash/recycling in accordance with landlord’s required processes
- Ordering cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Making recommendations for the continued improvement and performance of our business.
- Working closely with the Administration team to manage all materials, documentation, and RMA processing
- Meeting deadlines set by your manager as well as promise-dates which you provide to customers, colleagues, and others,
- Attending necessary meetings and assisting with the completion of action items assigned to your department,
- Learning and entering data into the Company’s various software systems, including QuickBooks, Teams, and Basecamp,
- Undertaking appropriate training (see below),
- Consistently maintaining a positive attitude and performing as a team player on a day-to-day basis, and
- Regularly contributing ideas, critiques, and input to assist in the continuous improvement of all aspect of LightWerks at all levels.
- Consistently maintaining a positive attitude and performing as a team player on a day-to-day basis.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 1-2 years of previous warehouse/logistics or related experience,
- A high school diploma or its equivalent, though some college courses would be preferred,
- Demonstrated and/or tested proficiency in typing and the use of personal computers including such programs as M365 Teams, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook,
- A valid Forklift Operation certificate preferred,
- Hands on experience with inventory logistics software preferred,
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and basic organizational skills,
- Capable of working independently and as a team player, and
- An OSHA 10-hour Certification and/or any CPR training is a plus
- Reaching, grasping, carrying, pulling, and pushing activities also required,
- Un-restricted ability to climb minimum six-foot ladders,
- Un-restricted ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds, and 50 pounds above the head,
- The noise level will occasionally be high. As with all other hazards, PPE will be supplied by the company and is to be worn/used at all related times, and
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Training Path: As part of our commitment to your ongoing career development, LightWerks believes in providing extensive training to all Team Members. Your customized training path benefits our customers, and hence the Company, in many ways, but it also benefits each team member, personally and professionally, in the following ways:
- Industry Training: Industry-related training will allow each team member to understand how LightWerks and they fit into the industry overall, and why/how we provide value to our customers.
- Technical Skills Training: This training will allow each team member to build their technical competence in their specific profession and the role(s) that they take on during their tenure with LightWerks.
- Professional Skills Training: Team members will benefit from professional skills training that is relevant to all professionals and teams. Training will include, but is not limited to, interpersonal skills, time management, etc.
- Safety Training: At LightWerks our policy is, “never do anything unsafe,” so ongoing, appropriate training will be provided to ensure that everyone remains SAFE while working at LightWerks.
To see the training available at LightWerks, please see LightWerks Training Course Catalog.
Keys to Success:
- You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the responsibilities and tasks listed in this job description.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual, and as permitted by applicable law.
- LightWerks promotes and rewards transparent, proactive, and responsive communication (i.e., “Truth Early. Truth Always.”), client-focused behavior, good decision-making, innovation, a bias to action, courage, commitment, integrity, teamwork, the desire to continuously learn and improve, and a passion for success.