To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and (2) cover letter. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
2215 E Huntington Dr., Duarte, CA 91010
Developing professional skills in an administrative environment with opportunities to understand how a non-profit organization facilitates.
The E-Commerce Intern will be responsible for supporting the online sales efforts of the San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStores. This includes assisting in the creation of product listings for online sales, organizing inventory, shipping items, and other methods to continually improve and grow the e-commerce program. This person must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, tremendous attention to detail, and the ability to generate professional written and visual content that aligns with the branding and messaging of the organization. The E-Commerce intern helps the E-commerce team with generating income produced by the ReStores in order to provide maximum funding to further our organization’s mission of providing safe and decent housing in San Gabriel Valley.
The E-Commerce Intern lists, processes, and ships products on behalf of the San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStores utilizing e-commerce outlets (e.g. ebay), while providing exceptional customer service to our online customers and donors. This addition to our team will help to execute the following items and have a minimum of 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience:
- Produce accurate and attractive e-commerce listings (content, photos, design)
- Process and ship purchased items via USPS, FedEx, UPS, and large freight shipping services
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and donors
- Edit and update listings, including price adjustments and inventory tracking
- Research market pricing and maintain awareness of current trends
- Maintain clean and organized workspace and inventory storage area
- Collaborate with ReStore and office staff to accomplish individual and collective goals
- Work with the Procurement and E-Commerce Manager to develop and grow the e-commerce program
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- De-brand and/or unbox product as necessary
- Must be dependable and punctual
Is committed to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate substandard housing and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action
1. An applied undergraduate college student — a diligent worker with a GPA of 3.0 or better
2. Written & verbal communication— you are a strong writer; you’re a great listener and can adapt your communication style to meet our marketing department’s needs
3. Project management— you excel at managing multiple projects to achieve goals and act self sufficiently
4. Software skills— entry level skills in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
5. You are a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion – embracing people from all background, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations
6. Physical demands— must be able to lift 25 pounds, capable of standing for long periods of time, bending and/or twisting of the body to meet lifting needs.
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.