Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves.
Fairstead’s Core Values
Fairstead is now hiring for an Assistant Community Manager to add to its world class operations team.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Ensures the property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests.
- Ensures achievement of the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by directing the community’s marketing, advertising and sales activities, overseeing on-site traffic, ensuring an appropriate inventory of “ready” apartments, setting rent pricing and concessions, and monitoring the day-to-day sales and leasing activities.
- Responsible for property arrears including tracking arrears at least twice per month, sending arrears letters to the appropriate list of tenants, and reviewing and discussing the arrears reports with the property manager when needed.
- Oversee lease renewal program for appropriate retention rate
- Model excellent customer service towards all customers
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of the industry, competition, and market, applying this knowledge to gauge the property's success and improve results
- Oversee property unit turns and work with Maintenance Supervisor to conduct move out walk and assess apartment specs
- Answer phone calls, messages, and emails promptly; within a few hours but never to exceed 24 hours.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Oversee all accounting transactions and ensure all rents are collected, posted and deposited daily.
- Create purchase orders in Yardi
- Follow up with building staff or 3rd party contractors on status of open work orders and unit renovations.
- Work with in house legal team to track status of rent payments
- At least 2 years of experience in a leasing, leasing manager, or assistant property manager role
- Experience in Affordable Housing / Housing Programs and Subsidies
- Knowledge of local residential market
- Cheerful attitude and focused on customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy - able to learn/work with property management applications
- Experience using Yardi
- Spanish Speaking is preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- $31.25 - $36.00 per hour
- Overtime Eligible
- Generous employer contribution for medical and dental
- Employer paid vision
- 15 PTO, 7 Sick Days
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Paid Maternity Leave
- 401k Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance
- Commute Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Nationwide Pet Insurance