We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
This position is responsible for maximizing philanthropic support from donors who live in the greater Houston and South Louisiana area, a region which extends from Houston to New Orleans. This position reports to the Director of Development located in Dallas. This position does not supervise anyone at this time.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maximize philanthropic support from individuals, churches, church-related groups and community organizations in support of the agency’s annual operations.
• Host monthly informational gatherings and coordinate the agency’s annual fundraising luncheon in Houston.
• Raise funds through the Houston Marathon’s “Run for a Reason” campaign.
• Secure gifts from individuals and churches for capital maintenance projects, occasional capital campaigns and two annual Gift In Kind campaigns for school supplies and Christmas gifts.
• Record all actions in the Raiser’s Edge/NXT database system.
• Recruit “PCHAS Ambassadors,” volunteers who advocate for PCHAS in their home churches, service organizations, and online friends.
• Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals for one’s assigned region. Monitor progress towards stated goals using weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual gift reports prepared by central staff in Austin.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Development activities are carried out in a variety of settings. Some functions are performed in a home office or PCHAS office environment while others occur in a donor’s home or place of business. Regular daily travel is required to meet with donors in the Greater Houston area, and occasionally overnight travel is required to visit donors in Louisiana and to attend semi-annual staff training retreats in Austin.
• A college degree in management, marketing, or a field compatible with the general skills required to accomplish the tasks of the position is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated 1-3 years of work experience and documented success in the areas of major gifts, planned gifts, and special events is strongly preferred.
• CFRE certification as a professional fund-raiser is desirable, but not required.
• Current knowledge of, or excellent aptitude for, learning and implementing major gift strategies.
• Flexibility in interpersonal style in order to accommodate working with various constituencies.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.