Summary: Catering cooks are responsible for carrying out all duties required to execute a catered rental in our Beer Hall and/or Investor’s Pub.
- Be prepared to work at designated start time
- Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work area, kitchen and restaurant
- Prepare ingredients (vegetables, meats etc.), marinades, sauces, seasonings, and side dishes as required per the BEO and Chef’s direction
- Cook dishes as required per BEO and Chef’s direction and prepare the food for service
- Assures that product meets quality standards
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and rotate food to ensure freshness
- Opening and closing duties as required
- Clean kitchen after event including counters, dishes, flatware, and equipment
- Know and follow all laws, rules, regulations and company policies regarding proper food handling; this is a part of everybody’s job description.
- Work as a team with all coworkers
- Being a promotional spokesman for Saint Arnold; this is a part of everybody’s job description
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must understand weights, measures and conversions
- Know food safety and inventory concepts such as FIFO, time and temperature requirements and the hierarchy of food storage
- Prior kitchen experience or related degree/certification required
- Prior catering or banquet experience a plus
- Must be able be on feet for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Food Handler’s Training required prior to start and must be maintained throughout tenure
- Ability to maintain patience with guests and coworkers in difficult situations
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate in English (read and speak).
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to address unique quest needs