Toyon is seeking individuals capable of developing object-oriented software in the C++ programming language. This software engineering position is an opportunity to work on a development team with senior staff members guiding development of mission-critical planning and decision-support applications for government customers. Motivation and drive to implement robust software systems with intuitive user interfaces is required. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated software engineering capabilities and success working in a collaborative environment with configuration management and version control tools.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, or a physical science are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and ambition:
- Excellent thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with others to conceptualize and collaboratively solve problems
- Strong math skills, particularly for implementation of optimization and search methods
- Experience with coding and testing numerical methods
- Experience designing and performing analysis with geographic information systems (such as ArcGIS)
- Ability to configure and maintain virtual machines and host servers
- Understanding of application development for cluster computing platforms
U.S. Citizenship is Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
The annual pay range for this position is $90,000 to $180,000.
The posted pay range values provide the candidate with guidance on annual base compensation for the position, exclusive of overtime, bonus, and benefits-related compensation, over a range of qualifications that may fit hiring objectives. Toyon Research Corporation will consider the individual candidate’s education, work experience, applicable knowledge, skills and training, among other factors, when preparing an offer of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.