PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced full-time Pharmacy Technician.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assists pharmacists with dispensing functions and processes refill requests. Triage patients at pharmacy window and helps with prep work to process prescriptions. Maintains drug stock and performs drug purchasing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Know and continually review medication brand and generic names, medical terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and be able to type accurately at least 35 works per minute.
- Rotate through all work areas of the pharmacy weekly.
- Obtain, review, update, and print patient eligibility, insurance information, and health information on the pharmacy patient profile daily.
- Issue prescription refills after verifying patient and record patient signature for such transactions daily.
- Process in-person and phone requests for prescription refills.
- Triage in-person, written, or phone requests for drug information or health advice to a registered pharmacist or to an appropriate entity within the health organization.
- Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program
- Current WA State Pharmacy Technician certification
- Three (3) or more years' experience as a Pharmacy Technician, with most recent twelve (12) months' working in a retail pharmacy
- Proficient with 3rd party billing and dosage calculations
- Ability to work in fast-paced pharmacy filling 800-1200 prescriptions per day