Location: San Antonio, Texas
Division: Lawn Division
Employee Type: SEASONAL (summer job) Full Time Work between May and September
Pay: Commission – Averages $145-$180/day or $800 a week.
WHO WE ARE
ABC Home & Commercial is a family owned and operated business, providing a fun, stable, and challenging environment to grow, learn, and serve in our community. We’re pleased to have a diverse group of employees and believe strongly in a work/life balance while building long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and employees. At ABC you’ll quickly learn what it’s like to become part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving others, supporting families, and building our community.
To learn more about ABC and to view a full list of our services, visit www.abchomeandcommercial.com
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
As ABC’s Lawn Maintenance Worker, you will be part of a crew to help maintain the customers’ lawn and outdoor space with professionalism and excellent customer service.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, cleaning beds and all other lawn maintenance work is done in a professional manner.
- Prepare equipment and supplies needed for the work day, i.e. trash bags, brooms, rakes, lawn tools, ice, etc. and load them in the truck and trailer.
- Learn and use all equipment in an efficient and safe manner as directed by the Crew Leader.
- Become familiar with customers’ expectations and service contracts.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with customers, fellow employees and supervisors.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Previous Lawn Maintenance experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and still maintain good composure.
- Experience working with routes, service stops, and meeting deadlines of your service route.
- Dependable and self-motivated with desire to work year-round.
- High school diploma or GED desired.
- English speaking is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside for long periods of time, sometimes in extreme temperatures.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR SEASONAL EMPLOYEES
- Bonus opportunities for all employees to increase pay
- Company clubs & committees, and company outings
- Paid trainings and development opportunities
WHAT WE OFFER IF YOU TRANSFER TO A FULL TIME EMPLOYEE
* You can apply for any of our other current openings near the end of the summer season, but transfer will not occur until after the season is over. *
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave (PTO)
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Educational scholarships for employees and family members
- Wellness program, including gym membership
- Company vehicle with gas card (for service specialists)
- Ability to work from home a percentage of the time (office staff only)
ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.