For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product, application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents. The benefits we offer to our employees include:
- Medical (including prescription plan)
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation & PTO
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules – with a great balance of working from home and in the office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- First Level Support for all SAP related questions for our staff in the USA and Canada
- Organization and Implementation of various training courses and workshops for SAP business users
- Liaison between key business users and the SAP team at our HQ in Germany
- Support in the efforts to migrate from SAP ECC R/3 to S/4HANA
- Optimization and further development of logistics systems processes
- Monitor EDI-communications between business partners
- Act as project manager for timely delivery of all SAP projects and upgrades as defined by HQ
- Assist in establishing best practices for business processes and user experience, and documenting those processes
- Use expertise to suggest improvements to current processes
- Handle 3rd party integrations with SAP for sales tax (Avalara)
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- In collaboration with other IT personnel, will set-up and implement standards for computer operations and use software support tools to process scheduling, reports, report generation, database administration, system data backups, performance tuning and security.
- Oversee freight and parcel shipping as well as freight cost management solution (Mercoline).
- Additional responsibilities related to ad hoc data analysis needs in the organization
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or similar computer-related field
- 5+ years’ relevant experience, SAP experience required
- Excellent knowledge of SAP modules SD, MM, and PP, including the following:
- Sales order processing, outbound and inbound delivery processing, shipment handling, freight planning, transportation planning, supply chain, procurement, inventory statuses, handling units, Intra/Inter-company transfers, inventory/warehouse management, production planning and execution, BOMs and routings, MRP
- Knowledge of additional modules (FI, CO) and key integration areas and processes is a plus
- Exceptional understanding of business processes in general
- Knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and of computer hardware/software systems
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Ability to prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of Bender systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations
- Results driven, independent thinker who works effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients
- Needs to be capable of multitasking with the ability to cope with deadline pressure
- Able to present ideas and information accurately and explain industry jargon in a clear manner for customers
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with individuals in all departments and at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The above statements and information are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation’s pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.